Thursday, September 13, 2012

Of Theatre, Shorts, and Sugar

As you can probably tell by the title of this blog, it will be mostly comprised of me talking about whatever I feel like talking about.  Sadly, I do not have a cool theme or anything, it'll just be me... being me.  'But, who are you?' you may ask.  Well, let me tell you.

The most basic info you need to know about me (or probably already do) is that my name is Ella Lubienski, I am sixteen, and I'm currently a junior at Uni High in Urbana.  Within the first five minutes of meeting me, you will most likely learn that I love the dramatic arts (theatre and film) and sugar. I find it incredibly important to wear shorts under skirts and dresses, as all my good friends (or people who have been near me when I am wearing a skirt or dress) quickly find out.  You never know when you will feel like doing a cartwheel.  Also, it is one of the funniest things to see peoples faces when you do something crazy while wearing a skirt or dress, and they don't realize that you are also wearing shorts.  It cracks me up every time (especially if I have recently had sugar).

If you can't already tell, I am a slightly energetic individual.  This is especially important when I do theatre, because it requires a lot of energy.  Contrary to popular belief, my energy levels do not usually correspond with the amount of my sugar intake.  I usually feed off of other people's adrenaline - or lack thereof.  In fact, I don't get as much sugar or caffeine as the average American teen because I don't drink any pop since the fizz hurts my tongue.

So, now you know at least a bit about me so you won't be completely confused when I start talking about theatre more than anyone else you've ever met.  Or when I seem slightly hyper... or when I start doing cartwheels in a skirt...

4 comments:

  1. This is a very fun first post, Ella. And I love your habit of wearing shorts under skirts and your logic for doing so. I always have my five-year-old daughter wear shorts under her skirts if they don't have built-in shorts (which many of them do), and at times I wonder why I don't do the same (and why none of my skirts come with built-in shorts). Maybe I'll start. I can still do a pretty decent cartwheel.

    This first post has a lot of personality, which I love, but it's a little short and could go a bit deeper. So shoot for those qualities in your next post.

    Nice trees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything here characterizes you so well. From the days of Kringlecoals wearing rocker outfits, to watching you have a three-way confrontation with blonde people in pink bathrobes, I've always enjoyed your theater activities. I also enjoy the morphing of your hair through the years.

    I like how you said that you feed off of the adrenaline of others. I feel like we discussed this "does dealing with people make you catatonic or energetic" with the counselors once. Funny that you don't drink soda...I would never have guessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Slightly energetic" is an understatement! <3
    Awesome post, but I kind of want to hear more. Maybe spend a bit longer talking?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am impressed at how well you described yourself in the space of one blog post. "Loves theatre," "hyper," and "random," are the first words that pop into my head when I think of "Ella." I still remember your crazy Spanish presentations in Sra. Finch's class!

    You definitely pointed out your defining qualities. You will find that this ability will come in handy when you start your college essays next year. :)

    -Sherry

    ReplyDelete